[LAT] rt kernel 2.6.39

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Sun May 29 14:39:31 UTC 2011

2011/5/29 Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org>:
> On 05/29/2011 01:56 PM, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Somehow I've not succeeded yet, making a functional rt kernel, with 2.6.39
>
> Where and how is it failing?

I'm able to compile with 2 different configs:

One doesn't show rt behaviour
(Lots of xruns, although I did select those options I expect to be relevant.)

The other  has a better performance (based on your config) , but I'm not able to
make my wlan-stick work there, although the driver module (rt2x00usb)
is selected and compiles.

>> If anyone has a working config, let me know.
>> ( 64 bit, intel i7, nvidia - nouveau )
>>
> I don't have access to any i7 + NVidia platform. Is that specific
> combination a problem?

Usually not, but that's possible.

>As far as I heard nouveau and 2.6.39 should work fine.

Yes it does.
Even the new free nouveau 3D hw-accelerating extension is functional enough
for usual apps (but not for all games) (.. and required for the unity desktop).
Disabling it did not seem to have any effect on rt performance.

--
E.R.