[LAT] To much latency

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Oct 30 13:50:10 UTC 2011

On 10/30/2011 01:23 PM, Dave Stikkolorum wrote:
> cat /proc/asound/card*/codec* | grep -i codec
>
> Codec: Analog Devices AD1984A
> Codec: LSI ID 1040

Hello Dave,

Thanks! That's already a bit of an older onboard soundcard, I am not
sure how it performs when using JACK. I've come accross these AD devices
at work and if I recall correctly it doesn't do a great job. You could
try raising the sample rate to 48000. And are you using Jack1 or Jack2?
You can find that out with the terminal command jackd --version If
you're using Jack2 (so jackd version 1.9.x) you might want to try adding
the -S option to the Server Path line so that it reads /usr/bin/jackd -S

Best,

Jeremy