[linux-audio-user] So confused, need some good documents about sound in linux!

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Thu Dec 5 04:29:01 EST 2002

mercoledì, 04 dicembre 2002 alle 18:31:50, Eric Robert ha scritto:
> I want to develop some kind of band-in-a-box-like  stuff with TSE3
> The app won't need a midi card (i want to use a softsynth)

Hi, IIRC the DOS version of band-in-a-box can run in dosemu, and the
windows version can run in wine. There is no MIDI out, but you can save
a midi file for further editing; however, it would be great to have a native
band-in-a-box-like program for linux, so you have all my appreciation
for such a thing.

> Has anybody written somewhere a real digest i could use as good starting
> point?

I've bought (in the library) the italian version of Dave's book, and from the user
perspective it is very well suited and well written: a must for every
linux-audio-newbie like me, but is centered more on apps rather than
on drivers and developer information.
For that I guess the best source are the ALSA website and related
mailing lists.

Best regards,

--
  | Emiliano Grilli - emillo at libero.it |