[linux-audio-user] So confused, need some good documents aboutsound in linux!

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Thu Dec 5 05:51:01 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:23:33AM +0000, Anahata wrote:
(cut)
>Don't be surprised if it goes quicker the second time. The linux community
>has expanded a lot recently, and so have the amateur and semi-pro digital
>audio community, and as you point out above there are many new software
>projects and initiatives going on in the Linux audio world.

Very true.
Just the other day one of my friends just said,
he really needed to do the switch from Windows
to Linux one day :), being a fluent Windows
user up to then....

It kind of suprised me, but then again, not. ;)

I also think the book will be better,
because of all the cool new projects
which were started or matured since
the previous edition.

During the time I joined the linux-audio-*
lists amazing things have happened,
the development of LADSPA, JACK, and
all these great individual apps almost
immediately leveraging these new concepts.

Its no short of wonderful, which I'm
sure will be reflected in the book,
and that's also why I won't hesitate
to buy it, really.