[linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Dec 6 16:48:00 EST 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 09:12:19PM +0100, Gerasimos Grammatikopoulos wrote:
> Let's see if Ardour is up to it (at least partially, it's not fair comparing a
> "newborn" to well established stuff)

Well, it's also not intended as an ACID-workalike.
Ardour is aiming to be a full-featured DAW / hard disk recorder.
You can loop stuff on it, but that's not its reason for being.

It's also still pre-alpha, so using ardour is for the adventurous.
I'm feeling adventurous, just got it compiled and installed for the
first time in ages, so I'll be trying to lay down some tracks tonight.
:)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com