[linux-audio-user] CD covers & booklets

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Dec 8 01:31:01 EST 2002

Howard Sanner wrote:
> 	I've been trying to use Kover 0.8.4 to create CD tray cards,
> and, more importantly, inserts. This is the latest version of
> Kover I could find that does not require KDE 3.0. I'm using 2.2.1
> under Mandrake 8.1.
>
> 	The problem I haven't been able to work around is creating the
> INSIDE of a CD booklet, i.e., pages 2-3. I can get it to put the
> title on the RH panel and a contents list or whatever I want on
> the LH panel. However, I can't start on the LH panel with the
> inside of the booklet and have the text wrap around to the RH
> panel.
>
> 	Does anyone have ideas? Is there a better program out there for
> doing this? FWIW, none of this stuff can be downloaded from an
> Internet database; it's all recordings of live opera
> performances.
>
> 	Thanks for all suggestions. I realize this is not the main
> emphasis of the list, so please feel free to reply privately.
>
> 						Howard Sanner
> 						flagstad at mindspring.com

If you can't work out Kover then you could use the gimp (like photoshop)
or sketch (like Illustrator).

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman