[linux-audio-user] ISO images from Audio CD's?

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Sun Dec 8 06:59:00 EST 2002

Good morning,

I read (somewhere) that it is possible to make a directly useable Hard
Disk 'Image File' from an Audio-CD.

I am familiar with mkisofs for sets of data files and mounting the
iso-9660 images as loop(ed) devices to access the files within the
resulting image file.

Also, I know that cdrdao builds a .bin temp file when you make a copy

Are these files interchangeable?  How would one mount an Audio 'image
file' to play it, since you usually do not mount Audio CD's - players
like xmms just use the raw device (right?)

Any hints or pointers (urls) would be appreciated.

aloha,
dave