[linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Sun Dec 8 14:04:01 EST 2002

Patrick,
   Most of the time I agree a lot with your points of view, but this
time I really don't. I see no reason to force people into a U*ix
paradigm, nor do I see the need to be insistent that Linux audio apps
act differently that Windows or Mac apps that do a great job at what
they are intended to do.In this case Acid is one of those apps, and I
think at this time the answer is 'No, we do not yet have a native Linux
app that works that way.

   Acid is a great app. I've done songs in it. It's amazingly simple,
straight forward as long as all you are doing is manipulating the timing
of samples, and really pretty easy to get from start to finish. I see
nothing wrong with those qualities.

   In fact, if the developers of Acid DID port it to Linux, then it
would be a Linux app, and that would break your model stating he should
get used to a new mindset. While I have nothing against new mindsets, I
don't think that they are always required. There's nothing wrong with
Linux apps following a successful model and making apps that are easy
for people to use either!

   Just my two cents. If we were closer I would have said it over a
beer. ;-)

Have a great weekend!

Mark