[linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Dec 9 20:36:01 EST 2002

Mark Knecht wrote on Mon, 09-Dec-2002:
 > On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 12:28, Brian Redfern wrote:
 > > Well, you can already load in audio files and edit their pitch/tempo in
 > > ardour,
 >
 > Thi is not true. You cannot modify a wave file's 'pitch' in Ardour, to
 > the best of my knowledge. I doubt you can actually modify the tempo of
 > an audio segment in Ardour. We just added tempo support.

Mark is correct, the tempo-support just lets you define tempo
and meter changes within a session... you can snap regions based
on this info, however there is *no* direct support for pitch or
time-stretching the audio in ardour.

I agree that the basic Acid functionality should be in another
app (even though as a lazy developer, having to reimplement the multi-track
UI paradigm *again* makes me sad).  Sharing some transport controls
via Jack should allow rendering the tracks to ardour easier.

jlc