[linux-audio-user] ISO images from Audio CD's?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 10 06:25:00 EST 2002

Hi,
Tobias Ulbricht hat gesagt: // Tobias Ulbricht wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > cdrdao can do this on its own.
>
> But cdparanoia seems more paranoid getting the audio.Isn't it?

cdrdao's ripper code is based on cdparanoia, IIR. I doubt, that both
rip very different results.

> So what I basicly do is:
>
> $ cdparanoia -B
> (lots of track*.wav in the dir)
> - make a .toc file like
> - use cdrdao to burn that.
>
> Has anyone objections? No? Has anyone an automisation of that procedure?

I sometimes use this little script to make a TOC:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys

print 'CD_ROM_XA'
for file in sys.argv[1:]:
	print '''TRACK AUDIO
FILE "%s" 0
''' % file
# end

With that, automation of your process is very simple.

ciao