[linux-audio-user] Straight-talking digitally

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 17:27:59 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:59:52AM +1300, Paul wrote:

> the question to you is simply: do you know of any soundcards
> which would fit the bill - ie. with a fully working Linux driver, and
> known to be configured to produce "pure" digital out.

The Midiman DiO 2448 seems to be the cheapest sound card with digital
I/O and I use it with the OSS drivers, paid for, from 4Front
technologies at http://www.opensound.com. The card has analogue output
but no analogue inputs at all.

I have yet to find out whether the ALSA driver works with Debiam 3.0.
I couldn't get it going with Debian 2.2.

The Midiman 2496 is more expensive but it may be easier to get drivers
working on it.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk