[linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?

Mike Rawes mike_rawes at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 15 20:44:01 EST 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:47:23 +0900
Jon Ellis <ashura666 at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday i ended up created an ebuild to build jack from cvs - ardour
>
> needed v0.41 and gentoo is still using the 0.34 release. Updating jack
>
> broke alsaplayer (v0.99.72 is the latest in portage and the support
> for jack v0.4+ is in 0.99.73 :-) ) and it looks like another cvs build
> is in order...
>
> How are others coping with this stuff? Is anyone interested in setting
>
> up somewhere to share ebuilds, working together on getting them into
> the official portage?

Yeah, I'm up for this. I'm not too familiar with making ebuilds, but it
looks to be fairly straightforward. At the moment, I've just set up a
hierarchy under /opt, where I manually (configure, make) compile +
install stuff. The trouble with this is that not all packages give the
option to specify a location (--foo-lib=DIR), and assumes stuff is
installed in /usr (grrr :)

-
Mike