[linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!

kevin ernste kevinernste at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 18:41:00 EST 2002

--- D R Holsbeck <drh at niptron.com> wrote:
> Nobody said you had to run mandrake ;-) But then
> again Debian is not as
> "point and click" friendly either, I generally do my
> configs in a text
> terminal.

Just for the record, setting up ALSA on Mandrake 9 is
usually as simple as setting up modules.conf, and
restarting ALSA ("service alsa restart").  The problem
in this case is a conflict between the rpm's and
tarball installations.

I'll be reposting my little Mandrake ALSA guide
tonight.  Thanks for letting me know the link is not
there, IrixX.

Kevin