[linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Dec 17 11:02:00 EST 2002

> Just wondering if you know the project leader, head developer... of
> Ardour has specifically requested that only daily updated cvs builds be
> made until an official release.

I don't think that's quite what Paul said. I think he said that *he* wasn't
making tarballs or RPM's available, not that other people shouldn't - and has
also said that he isn't interested in supporting outdated builds. Paul's site
says:

"If you are using RedHat Linux or other similar RPM-based package management
using distributions such as Mandrake, you might wish to visit Planet CCRMA
which provides easy to use RPM's of most of the software needed to run Ardour
and many other fine audio and MIDI tools."

In the context of Ardour, he says:

"I would prefer that people use CVS access."

http://ardour.sourceforge.net/download.html

Ultimately as Ardour is free software, I suppose if third parties want to
support non-CVS versions of the program, that would be up to those third
parties to do it - and not whine to Paul if it's broken...

Cheers

Daniel