[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME Hammerfall DSP Cardbus+Multiface

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Wed Dec 18 23:56:09 EST 2002

dsen,
   Hi. I'm messing with similar things this evening. (And not doing
great, but not failing either.) I'm using a HDAP 9652, not the
Multiface, but it's the same driver I believe. The difference is I have
no 'headphone output'. Just 26 outputs.

   I'm in KDE. Inside of a Konquerer window, I have set the file
associations for wav and x-wave to be

aplay -device="plughw"

This seems to work all the time in a Konquerer window, but doesn't work
on a file just sitting on my desktop. Don't ask me why.

FYI#1 - make sure you don't have a blocking aplay sitting around. Do a

ps -aux | grep aplay

and make sure nothing is there.

FYI#2 - My headphones and main speakers are running off of playback_1 &
2.

Good luck,
Mark