[linux-audio-user] Audio RPMS for Mandrake users

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Thu Dec 19 04:18:01 EST 2002

Hi guys,

I just thought I would mention, in case someone missed it. There are
some kind people who have started supplying RPMS for common applications
for various distributions.
PlanetCCRMA (http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/) being
the most well known I think (PlanetCCRMA is for Redhat though).

Now there are a few places for Mandrake users to go:

- http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.0.html - which I have successfully used
to test new versions of both Ardour and MusE.
This site keeps _very_ up to date, keeps many of the applications I'm
interested in right now.

- http://www.esm.rochester.edu/kevine/turnkey/home.html - which I
haven't tried but looks promising.
Scope here is more towards completeness than having the newest of
everything, this is the feeling I get anyway.

2 öre-worth

Regards,
/Robert