[linux-audio-user] VIA EPIA-M9000 for audio?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 14:44:00 EST 2002

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:55:56 -0500, Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:
> Has anyone looked at/evaluated/considered/used the new VIA EPIA-M9000
> motherboard
> as the basis for interesting audio projects?

I've looked at one of the earlier EPIA boards. It was about as fast as a
medium speed PIII, but had 3DNow support (I think). There is a 19" 1U
miniITX case, but it has a fan on the powersupply :(

I was interested in building a no-moving-parts audio processor machine,
mostly for gigs, but I need to get the fan thing sorted out.

- Steve