[linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions

Darren Landrum consul at studioconsul.net
Sun Dec 22 09:29:00 EST 2002

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 02:27 AM, Vincent Touquet wrote:

> We won't find what DRM researches have been unable to find.
>
> I think some kind of registration for users,
> which is impossible or very hard to automate,
> maybe along with some trust metric should
> get us a long way to a right solution.

Hrm...

1) Only one registration per email address.
2) No free email accounts are allowed to be used. (There aren't too
many of those around anymore anyway.)
3) Registration happens on the web, and must be confirmed by email
before the account can be used.
4) An account must be registered before users can submit any files.

That is somewhat restrictive for a so-called open library, but
unfortunately, it may be necessary.

Thank you for the reply, Mr. Touquet.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,