[linux-audio-user] VIA EPIA-M9000 for audio?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Dec 23 14:33:00 EST 2002

> These machines aren't that lightweight, I've run arodur on lower speced
> machines.

Really? What spec and how many simultaneous tracks?

Bear in mind that a C3 of a given clock speed benchmarks well below a Pentium
III of the same clock speed. You can fit an ATA-100 disk and plenty of RAM
though.

I'd like to build a C3 machine for the studio I've just started renting on the
Isle of Wight. I am concerned that it won't be able to multitrack audio as
much as a P3 or P4 though.

As for power supply transplants, I'm sure it could be done - you could even
put the rackmount PSU in the Procase to avoid wasting it...

Cheers

Daniel