[linux-audio-user] /etc/init.d/alsasound start doesn't load modules

Paul paul at waite.net.nz
Wed Dec 25 22:35:01 EST 2002

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> Any other ideas about why alsasound might not be working?

Ok, try inserting the module names into /etc/modules, each on a
separate line as in:

snd-ymfpci
snd-pcm-oss
snd-mixer-oss
snd-seq-oss

When you reboot, the system will then load these modules.

> I think the docs need to be updated to take out the "snd" prefix. Am I
> right about that? there's a note to that affect further down on that
> page.

That's the "snd_"  (note the underscore, not dash) prefix. I think you
should be using "snd-ymfpci" for your module name.

Cheers,
Paul.
--
QOTD:
	Flash!  Flash!  I love you! ...but we only have fourteen hours to