[linux-audio-user] Music Construction Set

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Thu Dec 26 19:44:01 EST 2002

    Jeff> However, I really would like an equivalent program for
    Jeff> Linux.  I need to be able to put notes on a staff to match
    Jeff> the sheet music and then I need to play it back.  The
    Jeff> program has to be simple to use and easy to learn.

I'd take a look at some of the ABC stuff
(http://www.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/abc/).  If you have a java
environment on your LINUX, I find that 5 line skink works pretty well
for the kind of thing you're doing.  If you need to do printouts, you
would want to get abc2ps or some variant.

Another thing to look into is noteedit.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574