[linux-audio-user] What wave-editor to use for voice removal?

Remco Poelstra rjpoelstra at home.nl
Mon Dec 30 10:53:00 EST 2002

Hi,

For a musical I've to remove the background choirs from a karaoke cd.
The CD sounds like it's MIDI, and it's some simple music. I hope I can
remove the choirs by overwriting them with other parts of the song that
have the same instrumental parts.
The problem is that I can't find a good editor to do so.
I need some multitrack capabilty, to lay all the different parts on
different tracks for easy editing.
I need some form of volume-envelope/automation for smooth fading of the
tracks (fade in/out plugins are not an option because I need to tweak
it and that's difficult with plugins that work on selections).
The obvious candidates like audacity and ardour don't work, because
audacity has no markers, so I can't find back the positions from where
I cut and ardour is too buggy to use.
I've looked at linuxsound.at for editors, but most are still too much
under development.

I hope someone here can give me a good hint on what editor can be used.
Perhaps I missed a feature in one editor that can help me? What editor
would you choose?

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra