[linux-audio-user] 24bit 96khz cards that work well

Anthony avan at uwm.edu
Mon Dec 30 19:39:01 EST 2002

* Brian Redfern <bredfern at calarts.edu> [Dec 30 02 18:11]:
> No, I think perhaps "irq hungry" is a meaningless statement, rather
> there's a nasty fight for resources between my AGP Rage card and the
> Audiophile, I'm testing this simply by running Jack, and watching the
> reports of xruns, the sblive is popping an xruns every twenty minutes, and
> then the xrun is tiny like .009 miliseconds, while the Audiophile was
> popping a 54 milisecond xrun every two seconds. The whole "irg
> hungry" thing is perhaps a misnomer.

I wish this audio vs. video war could be quantified - actually
understand the reasons for it.

On one machine (celeron p3 core) I had to lose the AGP for a cheapo
PCI. On my new machine, I had to get a high end AGP to stop this. BTW
are the problems just XRUNS or do u hear garbled audio during video
activity?

--ant