[Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Nov 8 16:44:00 EST 2002

> > Ooh... does this imply that they're doing anything to make it possible
> > to use my #$%^&*^&*( Oxygen 8 under Linux yet?
>
> People have got the Oxygen working but it is not a simple task.

>From what I have heard you need to have the original windows firmware for
the Oxygen (which is somewhere in the windows driver). AFAIK Midiman does
not provide the firmware (or authorize its use?), but I have not yet
looked at the driver cdrom.  Once you have the firmware it should be
possible to download it to the keyboard in the same way the firmware for
the Midisport 1x1 or 2x2 is downloaded...

I have not tried yet (I have one here that I was testing).
-- Fernando