[linux-audio-user] Speaker placement.

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 05:50:01 EST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 06:30:26AM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> I have the opportunity to help fit out a bar.
>

> The main problem with the space is that the floor is hard shiny tiles
> and there is very little soundproofing in the room. I'm concerned that
> having the speakers placed unscientifically in the corners is going to
> prove more of a hindrance than a help because the sounds will cancel
> each other out.

No mathematical proof, but I suspect that corner placement will give you
very boomy bass by exciting all the room resonance modes, so I'd
consider putting them away from the corner and on brackets that hold
them away from the walls too.

The hard floor won't matter so much if/when the room is full of people.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk