[linux-audio-user] Outboard equipment

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 06:01:01 EST 2002

Until now, I have been using a MD 4 track for recording and my
invovement with Lunux audio has been at stage of mastering the stereo
mix and CD burning.

However I'm beginning to appreciate the editing and multi track power of
even a relatively simple package like audacity and considering using the
PC and hard disk for more audio work.

One of the sticking points is that I have an investment in some nice
outboard gear - an FMR compressor and Lexicom MPX-200 reverb unit, and a
mixer with swept mid EQ.

What are my options for either
(a) hooking the outboards to the PC (soundcard with lots ins and outs,
possible latency issues)
(b) Getting good EQ, reverb and compression all in software?
(free software of course)

I currently have a M-Audio DIO 2448, with 2 channel SPD/IF I/O
System is a Duron 850, 384Mb, Debian 3.0 with 2.4.18 kernel

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk