[linux-audio-user] Preferred Motherboards for AMD?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Nov 13 10:17:01 EST 2002

I'm currently using an older A7V133 for testing Ardour. It's working fine
with the onboard EIDE controllers. I haven't tried out anything in terms of
burning CDs, but for me that would be through 1394 anyway on this box.

The SB Audigy works OK, for what it is. I run fluxbox and still get about 1
xrun every 30 minutes. I still think this is some process in the background
and not a fundamental problem with the hardware, but it hasn't been
important for me to figure this out yet.

I'm probably going to get a new UP Athlon system in the next couple of
months (Xmas break maybe) so I'm looking around like you.

Cheers,
Mark