[linux-audio-user] Fwd: Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Nov 15 04:40:01 EST 2002

chris wrote:
> [root at localhost midisport-firmware]# make install
> processing USB44LDR.SYS ...
> writing MidiSportLoader.ihx
> writing MidiSport4x4.ihx
> *** MidiSport firmware loader has been installed. ***
>
> How can I connecte midi programs to my midimansport4x4?
> Aconnect don`t show me any new midiports.

It should.

Please make sure that you have the hotplug and fxload packages and some
recent release of ALSA installed (see the README for the URLs).
(Check that /sbin/hotplug and /sbin/fxload exist, and that
"modprobe snd-usb-audio" works.)

When you plug in the 4x4, there should be some messages in
/var/log/messages: new device connected, firmware loading, another new
device, loading of snd-usb-audio.
If it doesn't work, please post the last few messages.

HTH
Clemens