[linux-audio-user] (no subject)

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Fri Nov 15 06:50:00 EST 2002

Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> ha scritto:

> Do you have a recent libsndfile (>1.0) installed in /usr/bin. I have
> trouble even if I install libsndfile in /usr/local ?

I have  libsndfile0 0.0.26-1.1 that comes with woody, but I installed
myself libsndfile-1.0.1 in /usr/local , and I made a symlink of
/usr/local/lib/pkg-config/sndfile.pc to /usr/lib/pkg-config/ because the
configure script for ardour doesn't find it... (now stops when searching
jack...)

Running ./configure for jack seems to find libsndfile > 1.0

Maybe the two versions are conflicting??
How do I check this?
Its possible to remove old libsndfile and install 1.0.1 in /usr instead of
/usr/local without breaking other apps? It can be done with dselect?

TIA