[linux-audio-user] ppc linux audio

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Fri Nov 15 07:15:00 EST 2002

matthew yee-king <yeeking at no-future.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Emiliano
>
> I see you are another ppc linux audio user. I am interested to find out
> how well audio apps are working on your system.
>
> Which apps do you use and what hardware have you got?

I have a G3 366 'coloured' ibook with 192M of RAM and the griffin iMic USB
that IIRC you have too. For the last 6 months or so I was running SuSE 7.3,
but now I'm on debian woody with benh kernel 2.4.20 and self-compiled ALSA
0.9.0rc5 that works very well.

Apps that work:

* Soundtracker
* Snd
* timidity (ALSA server mode)
* xmms
* jazz
* alsa modular synth
* muse (debian stock version but I have not tried all features)
* arecord, aplay, aconnect

Apps that NOT work:

* ecasound (message saying that only PCMBLABLA format is supported)
* audacity (white noise output)
* cecilia (bug with tcl, I think it needs libc5 or something similar)

Other apps I don't know, I'm trying to get ardour+jack compiled

bye