[linux-audio-user] ppc alsa audacity

Matthew Yee-King yeeking at no-future.com
Wed Nov 20 16:46:01 EST 2002

> > them running, and I've got a few oss compatible apps
> > to run, but I don't have a audio sequencer like
> > audacity or ardour. I've installed audacity 1.1.1, but
> > It just gives me static when I play audio. Is this an
> > Endian issue or what?

i've had the white noise problem. i noticed that if the volume was really low in the app, it was usable almost. the weird thing is that when i had an old 2.4.10 kernel/ oss drivers on my pbook, apps that gave white noise with 2.4.19/ alsa 0.9 worked fine. (e.g. audacity, spiralsynth modular). i don't really know what an endian issue is precisely, but i just read that it comes from gullivers travels and has something to do with the byte order on the cpu. which sounds like a hardware issue, so how can the problem go away with a different kernel and the same app?

also someone said they had gdam running on ppc (Michal Seta) - i've got the (possibly) endian problem with this - did you not have that problem?
cheers

matthew