[linux-audio-user] SB Audigy - recommendable?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Fri Nov 22 12:18:00 EST 2002

Anahata <anahata at treewind.co.uk> ha scritto:

> Seconded, though I had to buy OSS drivers for it, and the SP/DIF input
> only worked after a long exchange with the developers during which they
> sent me several updated versions till it behaved. Even then I think it
> will only work at 44.1kHz but that's all I needed.

It will surely work at 48000 (connected a DAT and no way of getting 44100),
but according to his name should do also 24bit (not yet tested)

> Can anyone confirm (or otherwise) that the ALSA drivers that come with
> Debian 3.0 will support SP/DIF input on the DiO 2448?

Don't know about stock debian ALSA, but with SuSE ALSA no problem, and I
recently compiled ALSA 0.9.0rc5 on debian ppc very easily, so I think that
should be OK if you compile it from source.

> The 2496 seems to be a better card generally - despite the only apparent
> difference of having a higher sampling rate, in fact it has a completely
> different chip and better software support for more platforms.

Yes but the price is higher...

bye
--
emillo