[linux-audio-user] digital recording of minidisc?

Bob Cain arcane at arcanemethods.com
Tue Nov 26 15:20:00 EST 2002

roussel jerome wrote:

> >No.  The track change frame information is not passed through
> >sound cards in either direction.  There is no out of band channel
> >in sound card drivers for this information even if the card
> >recognized it or could generate it.
> >

> >Bob
> >

> It surprises me, because the windows driver is able to detect the copy
> protection bit and can change its behaviour with some
> options. Do you think it could be possible to put that in a driver for
> the "End of Track"?

Can't say.  I'm not sure what the driver sees at the hardware
interface to the various cards but I do know that the track
change information is just status info in the normal S/PDIF data
frames so even if it is detectable (or writeable) it would
require a separately open channel with the driver that operates
synchronously with the data channel.  No drivers currently
support this even if it is available at the card.

I'm not sure if the SCMS info is like this or if it comes framed
separately.

Bob

simpler."

                                             A. Einstein