[linux-audio-user] Which new digi-card for my linux box?

Jackson Gibbs gibbs at crater.net
Wed Nov 27 18:42:00 EST 2002

> ... What drivers are you
>using? Have you tried both OSS and ALSA?

I consulted another user somewhere and he suggested trying a couple rpms.  Which I did, to no avail...  I cannot remember which packages these RPMs contained (and since I'm in windoze right now and transferring some music I can't check).

I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with how drivers work in Linux*...

So perhaps I should start from the beginning.  Could someone suggest a link or links to get up to speed on how drivers work within Linux and how to go about making my Zoltrix work?  What's the generic course of action to get a soundcard working with SPDIF?

Thanks so much,

-Jackson

* not that I'm totally ignorant, I have a BS in CS but have never needed to dig into Linux drivers/sound before now.