[linux-audio-user] tse3+mandrake 9+alsa ---->any sound?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Nov 30 02:24:00 EST 2002

Eric Robert wrote:
> Has any one been able to fiddle with tse3 on mandrake + alsa?
> Can't get any sound but i don't know much about midi+linux
> card:
> snd-ens1371 ensoniq
> module v_midi
>
> when I tse3play foo.mid:
> tse3play seems to play something (visually) but no output!
>
> Something wrong in config but can't get anyclue!
>
> Hint anybody?

You should check out the timidity howto and the "sequencers and soft
synths" howtoot

Http://www.djcj.org - The Linux Audio Users guide

Then you can be sure you have your midi working properly. If you are
unsure about installing or conf details ask again.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman