[linux-audio-user] getting started with MIDI

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Thu Sep 12 03:38:23 EDT 2002

Alle 23:13, mercoledì 11 settembre 2002, hai scritto:

> I'm using a Terratec EWS64 XL, I've installed it's driver (sam9407), so the
> audio section works. But what do I have to do for being able to use it's
> MIDI ports? At the moment I'm using KDE 2.2 and maybe want to use Muse or
> something like that, because it's very similar to Cubase. Do I have to add
> a raw device to artsd or directly to Muse?

To find out what are the MIDI ports ALSA knows, try `pmidi -l` or
`aconnect -lio`; then try to play a midifile with pmidi -p <port> <filename>

You can configure Muse MIDI ports under Config-->midi ports.
Maybe Muse is crashing because of audio configuration; try to disable the
audio in Muse (Config-->Audio system-->Device=none).
You can try also other sequencers like jazz or noteedit to see if MIDI works;

HTH

--
        |   Emiliano Grilli  | GNU/Linux     |