[linux-audio-user] A Newbie's New System?

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Sun Sep 15 11:39:14 EDT 2002

Frank,
   As far as I know it is possible. I have not gotten quite that far with
Ardour yet, but here's my basic plan for the AP2496 and RME Hammerfall in
tandem:

1) AP2496 audio out - speakers
2) AP2496 audio in - no immediate plan
3) AP2496 s/pdif out - general purpose digital send
4) AP2496 s/pdif in - clock to sync with RME

5) RME s/pdif out - clock to sync with AP2496
6) RME s/pdif in - hook to Pod Pro s/pdif out
7) RME 16 ADAT digital channels - general purpose in/out to external gear.

   We'll see if it works! I don't have a clue (yet) about how to tell the
AP2496 to get it's clock from the s/pdif port instead of it's own crystal.
We'll see...

Cheers,
Mark