[linux-audio-user] A Newbie's New System?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Sep 16 09:37:36 EDT 2002

Steve,
   Good inputs. Thanks.

   In my normal (non-Ardour so far!) setup, I use PTLE as a sync master on
one PC sending sync to the RME via ADAT on a second PC. It works
wonderfully. I don't think I've ever heard a click, so I don't think it's
fundamentally impossible to sync over ADAT, although that doesn't mean it
works under Linux yet.

   In this case I'll be happy with the AP2496 syncing to the RME, or the RME
syncing to the AP2496. I know the RME can do that under Windows, so I'll
have to learn how to turn on that feature under Linux. No rush, but I hope
to discover that sometime this week.

Cheers,
Mark