[linux-audio-user] Unresolved symbols..

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Sep 17 16:22:24 EDT 2002

Saurabh Nanda wrote:
> Hi,
> I dloaded alsa 0.9.0rc3
> I have a custom built 2.4.7-10 kernel
> My kernel sources reside at /usr/src/linux-2.4.7-10
> and my kernel modules at /lib/modules/2.4.7-10custom
> I have a CMI8738
>
> I used the following set of commands:
> ./configure --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux-2.4.7-10/
> --with-moddir=/lib/modules/2.4.7-10custom/ --with-cards=cmipci
> --with-sequencer=yes
> and the regular make and make install.
>
> during make install a lot on unresolved dependancies show up.
> I am unable to insert the snd-cmipci module due to these unresolved
> dependancies.
> any clues to what could be the problem?

Do you have the headers for your kernel installed?

How did you install the kernel?

> One more question... will i be able to play sound from multiple sources
> (without using arts/esd) with the alsa drivers.

Not unless your card supports hardware mixing. You will be able to use
JACK though.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem