[linux-audio-user] Re: pc speaker synth

Paul thompson at pobox.com
Wed Sep 25 19:13:40 EDT 2002

Taybin Rutkin <trutkin at physics.clarku.edu>, on Wed Sep 25, 2002 [10:34:00 AM] said:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, matthew yee-king wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of a synth/ audio app that uses the pc speaker? I'm bored in
> > an office and i want to cause some trouble.
>
> Someone wrote a linux driver that outputs to the pc speaker.  Look for
> that.  It was mentioned in kernel traffic a couple weeks ago.
>
> Taybin
> --
> http://www.piratesvsninjas.com

	Hi;

	This has been around for ages, and works amazingly well
for what it is. If you dont have a sound card, and still want an
OSS compatible interface to play your mp3's... (or more
reasonably, listen to speech, or if you just want your desktop to
make those kinds of sounds that some people like.) Recently Stas
Sergeev has taken it over and updated it for the latest stable
kernels.
	Probably not too useful to you folk, but it has a
distinctive cuteness factor:)

http://www.geocities.com/stssppnn/pcsp.html

Paul
set at pobox.com