[linux-audio-user] Free Music licenses: which to choose?

Taybin Rutkin trutkin at physics.clarku.edu
Fri Sep 27 12:06:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Graham Percival wrote:

> Does anybody have a favourite Free Music License?  Right now I'm leaning
> towards the EFF's OAL, but I really don't like their idea that you should
> use (O) instead of (c).

You haven't said what you want out of a license.  What rights do you wish
to keep?  What rights are you giving away?

If your only nitpick with the OAL is 0 vs c, use that and do what you
want.

Personally, I haven't seen any Free Music Licenses that I care for.

Taybin
--
http://www.piratesvsninjas.com