[linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Tue Apr 1 13:40:00 EST 2003

Moeflon wrote:

>I 'm getting headaches from the rpm-system. I'd like to move over to
>Slackware.
>
>=>	Does anybody have any idea how difficult/easy it is to build a
>	sound-workstation on slack? any links?

I just made this switch (to Slackware 9) and i'm very happy with it.
I've had no problems compiling any audio apps so far, and have been
using a utility called 'checkinstall' to build slack packages instead of
just doing 'make install', which makes it a bit easier to keep track of
what is installed etc.

Jordan.