[linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Jon Ellis ashura666 at mac.com
Wed Apr 2 08:39:00 EST 2003

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 07:52  PM, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:06:22PM +0900, Jon Ellis wrote:
>
> yes right... but i have proven, that it is possible to hack the ebuild
> on your system, to do those temprary fixes and still have package
> management.

Quite, the ebuild system is simple enough to hack for temp. fixes like
this and yet powerful enough to not lose the package management. I life
it a lot.

>> At somepoint i'd like to get to the point where someone can walk up to
>> a gentoo box, type 'emerge DAW' and get a bunch of useful apps install
>> and working together. We aren't even close to that yet but by the end
>> of the summer...
>
> i am looking forward to this...
> what apps are you thinking of ?

I've not really thought much beyond, jack, ardour, ladspa, synths. A
lot will depend on what is stable at the time. At this stage i'm very
much open to suggestions.

j.