[linux-audio-user] Re: Latency with ALSA

Nick nicktsocanos at charter.net
Wed Apr 2 16:09:01 EST 2003

> The first is from Ingo Molnar; it's quite simple but efficient (conditional

I have Mandrake and none of the patches matched my kernel. I am too lazy to download
another kernel and install it :) Tjen I have to run those things to set it up, and
compile it, and it doesn't take more than an hour, but.... I don't remember the
command to make the modules in the directories and stuff anymore.

But I got Mandrake 9.1 Multimedia kernel and it is working much much better.
When I root it and schedule it for real-time I get 0 drop outs now. And that's better
than DirectX, I am getting 10 millisecond latency now.

I *think* the big problem is that I have ALSA 0.9.0rc8. They now have 0.9.2.
I bet it's because I am using a release candidate I am having this problems.
I don't understand why Mandrake has not made a new ALSA distribution since they
are 2 versions ahead now.