[linux-audio-user] Still: HELP: good sound card

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 3 15:39:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:55:07 -0500, Ross Vandegrift wrote / a écrit:

> I thought the Creative Labs AWE64 soundfonts had references to ROM
> samples?  I seem to recall that from playing with my sisters' AWE64...
> If that's the case I'm guessing that timidity can't deal with ROM sample
> references, but the AWE driver probably can.

As I said, I didn't listen very long to the {midifile+timidity+8MGMsoundfont} compared to the {midifile recorded from real soundcard to mp3-file} but I didn't find differences. Maybe it was just the midifile which didn't call specific rom samples. I really don't know. The soundfont seemed complete (GM). There are surely some bass, treble and chorus things in SB hardware, but it's not a problem with ladspa effects.

happy week end
Guy CLO~
#ICQ 37736372
#219055 http://counter.li.org