[linux-audio-user] Create music as WAV file?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Thu Apr 3 16:09:00 EST 2003

giovedì, 03 aprile 2003 alle 18:55:49, Mikhail Ramendik ha scritto:
> If I want to create music using MIDI (and a soft synth), but for
> saving to disk (as WAV, to burn a CD later) and not immediate output,
> how do I do this? Is this possible with
> rosegarden4+iiwusynth/fluidsynth?

Hi,

here I have iiwusynth 0.2.4 and I see that it can be called with

-a, --audio-driver=[label]
    The audio driver [alsa,jack,oss,dsound,...]
-j, --connect-jack-outputs
    Attempt to connect the jack outputs to the physical ports

so, it appears to be already jackified, and if it works as expexted (I
haven't tried it yet with jack) you can connect its outputs (via
qjackconnect i.e.) to an external recorder like ecasound or ardour.

HTH

--
  | Emiliano Grilli       |