[linux-audio-user] cdrecord usage

Tim helycos at lycos.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 08:56:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I want to make audio CDs which are playable in hifi CD players.  I wish
to burn in steps, yet have the CD playable before final fixation.  So
far I have made a lot of coasters.  How would the command line read in
order to achieve my goal?

cdrecord -multi speed=4 dev=0,0,0 *.wav
cdrecord -nofix speed=4 dev=0,0,0 *.wav

these will burn a CD which isn't recognised by my hifi CD player until

cdrecord -fix dev=0,0,0

Fixes the disk and allows playing of tracks, allows further burns but
these are not accessible by the CD player as the toc doesn't identify them.

Sadly I am able to create such disks on windoze with Easy CD Creator.
If cdrecord cannot allow this, what is the difference?  I'm using
version 1.1.

TIA, Tim