[linux-audio-user] Submitted for your approval

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Apr 7 09:47:01 EDT 2003

> I know how more than a few studios conduct their
> affairs. One example is a friend who during the last
> year lost the production of an entire album and within
> a month of that incident lost a 120gig drive that was
> full of personal artwork and songs. The guy is a
> prolific pianist and song writer. All songs gone!
> Studios that manage their affairs this way will never
> do any important work for me.

Apart from having a removable hard disc cartridge which travels home after
each recording session (cheaper than a firewire drive and works on older
machines too), we have a wireless LAN between my house and the drummer's
house (about 500m) distance. We mirror the data by FTP to his house at about
4Mb, then he can burn it to CDs for the rest of the band.

It wouldn't work for everyone, but we shouldn't lose any songs...

Cheers

Daniel