[linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Felipe Sologuren sologuren at estudiohum.cl
Tue Apr 8 22:59:01 EDT 2003

Hello:
    I'm coming from win to linux, and I'm very interested about your
comments.
    Now, Cd Architect, isn't a plugin; now it have issues like insert plugin
in master fader, normalization of regions with a switch, effects for each
region, two (stereo) channels for mix,... for me is the best what I saw for
making audio cds.
    The problem of to do JAM after master of mix is the normalization: what
happens with compression? the best form is with a normalized mix not?
    Using L1-ultramaximizer from Waves I have that problem with Vegas, and
changing one instrument in the mix can change the maximum value.
    I consider a nascent one in masterization (english too), but I have
something of experience. Regrettably, I'm not a programmer.
    I have not proven Ardour, but I guess that Sonic Foundry products do
audio regions which contains peak value (relative to maximum), thus
normalization switch sums to that region this volume value before mixing.

Felipe