[linux-audio-user] fluidsynth and midi device

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Wed Apr 9 17:19:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 21:09, Guy Clotilde wrote:

> > I have tried to run fluidsynth-1.0.1 on my Linux system with an ES1371
> > sound card (i want to attach a MIDI keyboard to the sound card's midi
> > input). But it said that there's no device /dev/midi .
>
> You got ot have alsa configured and running, then fire alsa-patch-bay
> to connect your devices.

Thanks. I'll probably try to do this one day.

For now the problem is solved - Markus Nentwig from the fluid-dev list
has helped me set it up on oss. Here's my shell script for fluidsynth:

#!/bin/sh
nice -10 fluidsynth -m oss -o midi.oss.device="/dev/midi00" $1 $2 $3 $4

I added the nice just to make sure. The -o idea was from Markus.

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik